Any seasoned traveller will tell you that no other country leaves such a lasting impression as India does. The sights, the sounds, the culture and colours all make for a trip to remember.
If you’ve chosen India as your next travel destination, you’ll find a number of India tour packages online. But if you haven’t yet decided, here are 8 reasons you should travel to India.
- The people Indian locals, especially the rural folks are some of the most kind, welcoming hosts you’ll find in all your travels. Whether you’re simply passing through the streets full of people, visiting local shops or dining on an authentic home cooked meal, you’re sure to fall in love with the country’s hospitability.
- The Taj Mahal This iconic structure is one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Some consider it the world’s most famous monument and thoughts of India instantly transport you to gateway of its white marble domes. An architectural masterpiece, the Taj Mahal is a memorial of love, built by Emperor Shah Jahan for his favourite wife. A stop by this mausoleum is a must on your travels to India.
- The food The cuisine in India is as diverse as its people. To the north, you’ll find rich, creamy curries, tandoori and parathas. In the south, you’ll find lovely coconut chutneys, seafood and rice. And if you’re the adventurous type, you’ll be spoilt for choice when it comes to trying out new street food.
- The Ganges Running from the north Himalayas right up to the Bay of Bengal, the river Ganga is said to be the world’s holiest river. It provides sustenance through agriculture, industry and fishing. Hindus believe that the river carries the prayers of devotees to heaven and that immersing yourself in its waters will purify your soul.
- Rajasthan Be transported back in time, through the scenic forts and palaces of Rajasthan. Steeped in Indian history and culture, this desert state is an absolute must-see.
- The beaches The beaches to the south of India make for a great getaway. While the beaches of Goa see more than their fair share of tourists, head to the south of this tiny state and you’ll find some peaceful, pristine shores. Try Palolem and Agonda for some relaxing sun, sand and surf.
- The chaos With crowded streets, noisy markets and almost impossible traffic jams, you’ll feel out of place at first. But within a few days, you’ll find it easier to embrace the chaos and find your own peace amidst the madness. A great tool to take back home with you!
- The spirituality India is home to many different religions, all intricately woven into the fabric of everyday life. Being the birthplace of Buddhism, Hinduism, Sikhism and Jainism, it’s not uncommon to visit a city and find people of different religions practicing their faith side by side in perfect harmony.
At Cox & Kings, we have a number of domestic tour packages for you to choose from. To know more, visit: http://www.coxandkings.com/