A holiday in Kashmir is a must for anybody who enjoys travelling to destinations where the beauty of nature can be admired to the fullest. Kashmir is not only the ideal honeymoon destination, but a great place to spend some quality time with family and friends.
Here are the top 5 places one has to ensure is included in Kashmir package tours-
- Srinagar- The capital is definitely a must visit when in Kashmir. It is one of the most scenic places in India and is well known for its beautiful gardens and luxurious house boats of the Dal Lake. For those who want to enjoy trekking and bird watching while in Srinagar, visiting between the months of June-October is ideal. It generally snows between December-January, creating the perfect holidays for those who love skiing and other winter activities.
- Gulmarg- popularly called ‘Meadow of flowers’, it is about 52km from Srinagar and is a haven for ski lovers. One can witness the beauty of the heavens when visiting the Kongdori and Shark Fin peak. The trek to the Nagin Valley in Gulmarg is a feast for the eyes and may prove to be the most memorable experience ever. One can enjoy the cable car ride at Gulmarg Gondola and enjoy its scenic beauty hanging midway between the mountains.
- Jammu city- Another must visit in Kashmir, it is known as the ‘City of Temples’ many of which display amazing architecture and a sense of pure divinity. Raghunath temple, Mahamaya temple, Bahu temple and Ranbireshwar temple are prominent tourist spots in Jammu city. Bahu Fort as well as Mubarak Mandi Palace are also popular for the rich culture and history they depict. Bagh-e-Bahu is an aquarium which attracts a lot of tourist attention because it is the largest aquarium built underground in the entire country.
- Sonmarg- A beautiful place for lazy and enjoyable treks, Sonmarg is definitely a visual treat for many. The Gangabal Lake and Kishansar Lake are a must visit. Sonmarg is also known for its two famous glaciers- the Baltal Glacier and the Thajiwas Glacier.
- Pahalgam- A small town in Kashmir, with lush green meadows and high mountains it offers exciting activities like golfing, horse rising and skiing. Chandanwari which is about 16kms from the town, is known to be the base camp for the holy Amarnath Yatra, which thousands of religious Hindus undertake every year.
Many Kashmir packages include the above places, to ensure that one fully experiences all that Kashmir has to offer.